Looking forward to a town favorite event: Spring Fling

By Ellie Rosenfeld and Grace Wang

Spring Fling is always an energetic spring day filled with bubbles, games, music and fun for the whole community. WHS will once again be hosting this greatly anticipated annual event on the Town Green this Saturday, April 29, from 10 AM – 2 PM.

Every spring, students and community members unite to raise money for Camp No Limits, which is a recreational camp for young people with limb loss.

Student Council Adviser Erin McCarty said she hopes the event will raise $10,000 or more for Camp No Limits.

“Last year, we were able to raise over $10,000 for the organization, which was a goal that the Student Council officers set for the 2016 event,” McCarty said. “We have a great group of enthusiastic and hard-working kids in Student Council this year and I hope that we will be able to match the success of last year’s event.”

Junior Roshani Nagarajah is looking forward to the community-wide event that brings people together from town to town.

“It’s always nice to be outside during Spring Fling, especially when we get nice weather. Also, I’m excited to meet some of the kids that attend Camp No Limits,” Nagarajah said.

WHS is thrilled to be an annual contributor for this great cause, McCarty said.

“I am excited to see students and community members interacting with one another and enjoying the day as we all work to raise money for Camp No Limits,” she said.

Rain date for Spring Fling: Sunday, April 30th

Visit https://nolimitsfoundation.org for more information on Camp No Limits and how you can help out this important cause.