Administrative assistant Diane Kaskon retires after 32 years

Principal Anthony Parker poses with administrative assistant Diane Kaskon in his office.

Eunho Lee

Eunho Lee

Eunho Lee

Livvy Yun and Nate Hohenberg

Starting next fall, the main office will be missing an irreplaceable member. After 32 years at WHS, administrative assistant Diane Kaskon will be retiring.

“I’m going to miss her so much. It’s going to be hard to replace her because she knows this school inside and out,” office aide Theresa Kacoyanis said, who has worked closely with Kaskon throughout her time at Weston.

For 25 years, Kaskon has been the administrative assistant for principal Anthony Parker. In this role, she had several day-to-day tasks, as well as longer-term projects that she was responsible for. Kaskon was also one of the few staff members that worked during both the school year and the summer.

“One of the standard things I did everyday is teacher attendance. I reported it out to all the department chairs,” Kaskon said. “In the meantime, I maintained Mr. Parker’s calendar, I organized graduation, back to school night, eighth grade orientation, and more. I also kept the keys to the building.”

Parker explained that Kaskon has not only been an impressive assistant, but has also become a great friend. In particular, Parker recalled his 50th birthday.

“She had signs with 50 written on them pasted all over my office. It was very funny and touching!” Parker said.

In addition to administrative roles, Kaskon has found ways to be involved with students’ lives.

“Over the years, I’ve been involved with many committees. I used to be the cheerleading advisor. Some of those cheerleaders have kids that are now students here,” Kaskon said.

Guidance administrative assistant Christine Wadsworth has worked closely with Kaskon to manage different challenges.

“I will miss most her knowledge and problem solving. We’ve had so many problems that she has worked with and solved,” Wadsworth said.

Wadsworth has also had many impactful experiences with Kaskon outside of school.

“The time we spent together after the birth of her twin grandsons, Fred and Noah, was a great memory I have. It was such a happy time for her and a happy time for everyone around her,” Wadsworth said.

Additionally, physical education teacher Richard Brissette has found Kaskon to be a vital component of the WHS system.

“She has been my go-to for any process or protocol questions. There are a lot of moving parts at the high school and she has always been someone that’s reliable,” Brissette said. “I’m so happy for her. She’s worked so hard here for so long that she deserves the time to relax ‒ I really hope she does.”

As the school year comes to an end, Kaskon anticipates more time with her family.

“I’ve really enjoyed being here with the students and faculty, but I’m looking forward to spending more time with my grandsons and seeing them play sports games.”